Followers

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Feelings and photos

This is what I feel like doing today. Actually, this IS what I've been doing today. Minus the leaves and the grass. My summer is almost over. Teaching sure does have perks. I like to reflect on my memories of #summer2k13. 

I think I've contributed to Starbucks and David Yurman a little too much this summer. I killed a plant. Fell down the stairs as Macy's. Went camping for the first time EVER. Made new friends. Had a road trip to Texas. Made a 4th of July cake. Rode my bike a zillion miles. That's a pretty good summer if you ask me. Mom, if you're reading this, I'm not sure how I survived either. Especially the camping. And the canoeing. And the bee sting in the boob. God keeps me around for some unknown reason. 
The rough life of a first grade teacher. Im somewhat ashamed to admit I'm excited for the school year to start. I've already been practicing my Ruthless Rutland face. Hopefully my cheerleaders won't cry as much as first graders. Ahhhhhhhhhh, cheerleading. My apartment living room is currently consumed by boxes of cheer shoes, skirts, body suits and pom poms. When did kids get so big?! The sixth graders tower over me like I'm some kind of vertically challenged freak. The school administrator says I'll be the cheer coach with the least amount of drama. Ever. He must have seen the Ruthless Rutland look before. I get it from my mom. I'll take that as a compliment. Yeah! Now I have an excuse to wear my plethora of hair bows! I'm such a kid at heart. 


No comments:

Post a Comment